We know students may have questions following announcements regarding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). The Dean of Students Office supports all students attending Rutgers University–New Brunswick and is committed to helping students achieve success from admission until graduation. We recognize that there are specific challenges undocumented students face as they pursue their education. This website is designed to share resources and information to help undocumented students make the most of their experience at Rutgers University–New Brunswick.
As you may already know, the Supreme Court will hear an appeal on the future of the DACA program on November 12th, 2019. It is possible that the decision will permit the government to immediately stop accepting DACA renewal applications. Our RICAP Immigrant Rights attorney, Jason Hernandez, is recommending students renew their DACA applications before November 12th
Immigration Rights Attorney Jason Hernandez from The Rutgers Immigrant Community Assistance Project (RICAP) is available immediately for a free consultation at email@example.com or 856-225-2302. In addition to individual legal advice, he can assist in preparing the application, and answer questions about these recent developments.
Counseling and Support
Those directly impacted by the DACA decision needing support can call CAPS at 848.932.7884 or stop in to 17 Senior Street and ask to speak with the counselor on call.
Legal Questions and Referral Information
Student Legal Services
Please call 848-932-4529 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment with one of our attorneys.
Rutgers Immigration Community Assistant Project (RICAP)
Rutgers Law School – Jason Hernandez
Students can also connect to the RICAP through Student Legal Services.
Additional Resources and University Communications
- President Barchi’s Letter to the Community: Clarifying Rutgers’ Position on Protecting Student Rights
- President Barchi’s Letter to the Community: Opportunity to Advocate for Undocumented Students
- FAQ for Undocumented Students
- Student Legal Services
- National Immigration Legal Services Director – New Jersey Organizations
- National Immigration Law Center
- Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- Rutgers Immigrant Community Assistance Project DACA Advisory
- undocuJersey – Charity Care
- undocuJersey – Health Care Resources
- undocuJersey – Mental Health Resources
- undocuJersey – Medical Resources
- Department of Homeland Security Rescission of DACA Page
- Rutgers Immigrant Community Assistance Project