We know students may have questions following announcements regarding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). The Dean of Students Office supports all students attending Rutgers University–New Brunswick and is committed to helping students achieve success from admission until graduation. We recognize that there are specific challenges undocumented students face as they pursue their education. This website is designed to share resources and information to help undocumented students make the most of their experience at Rutgers University–New Brunswick.
If you are not sure where to go and you want to speak to someone privately about available resources, please come by the Dean of Students Office. We have walk in hours Monday to Friday from 1-5pm or you can call 848-932-2300 to schedule an appointment to meet with a Dean at another time if you cannot come in during walk in hours.
Free and Confidential Drop in Session
When: Tuesday, October 3, 9-5 PM
Rutgers Student Legal Services
Tillett Hall, Room 247
53 Avenue E, Piscataway, NJ 08854
Counseling and Support
Those directly impacted by the DACA decision needing support can call CAPS at 848.932.7884 or stop in to 17 Senior Street and ask to speak with the counselor on call.
Legal Questions and Referral Information
Student Legal Services
Please call 848-932-4529 or email email@example.com to make an appointment with one of our attorneys.
Rutgers Immigration Community Assistant Project (RICAP)
Rutgers Law School
Students can also connect to the RICAP through Student Legal Services.
Additional Resources and University Communications
- President Barchi’s Letter to the Community: Clarifying Rutgers’ Position on Protecting Student Rights
- President Barchi’s Letter to the Community: Opportunity to Advocate for Undocumented Students
- FAQ for Undocumented Students
- Student Legal Services
- National Immigration Legal Services Director – New Jersey Organizations
- National Immigration Law Center
- Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- Rutgers Immigrant Community Assistance Project DACA Advisory
- undocuJersey – Charity Care
- undocuJersey – Health Care Resources
- undocuJersey – Mental Health Resources
- undocuJersey – Medical Resources
- Department of Homeland Security Rescission of DACA Page
- Rutgers Immigrant Community Assistance Project